• 1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained
• 1 envelop (3 tablespoons) taco seasoning
• 1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and green chiles
• 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (or Mexican blend)
• 24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a standard size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or a standard cupcake tin (2) for 24 bite size
- Combine cooked beef, taco seasoning, and tomatoes in a bowl and stir to combine. Line each cup of prepared cupcake tin with a wonton wrapper. Add 1.5 tablespoons taco mixture. Top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Press down and add another layer of wonton wrapper, taco mixture, and final layer of cheese. Or add 1.5 of mixture, close wonton with light pinch of all 4 corners and top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes until cups are heated through and the edges are golden.
We prefer cup cake tins for a smaller portion with more portions to serve or keep. 1 lb makes 24 cupcake tin wonton tacos. Depending on your spice level, experiment with the heat level.